- 2 medium, firm but ripe mangoes
- 2 ripe avocados
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 300-350g poached or grilled chicken breasts
- 200g mixed salad leaves, such as rocket, baby chard
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts, or slivered almonds toasted (optional)
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (add extra oil if necessary)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Peel the mangoes and cut the flesh away from the stone into thin slices add to a bowl with salad leaves.
- Halve the avocados and remove the stone. Peel off the skin and slice the flesh into strips. Squeeze over a little lemon juice to stop the avocado flesh discolouring, then arrange over the mango slices.
- Cut the chicken into thin slices and add to the bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a bowl, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad toss, and serve, topped with a handful of toasted pine nuts or almonds.
Some reasons why this meal is good for you
Mangoes-low in bad fats, high in Vitamin C & A, B6, calcium, potassium and fibre, are anti-cancer, good for digestion, bone growth, skin & eye health and immunity. Avocado- healthy fats, good for heart health, good for fibre, Vitamins A, C, D, K, B Vitamins and potassium. Lemon – Contains Vitamin C, thiamin, riboflavin, folate, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, calcium, potassium, and copper, iron, and magnesium, is an excellent source of fiber, & helps alkalise body. Black pepper – anti-inflammatory, aids digestion, helps turmeric absorption. Orange –anti-oxidant, anticancer, immune building, help alkalis the body, contains vitamins C, A, Flavonoids, B Vitamins, fibre. Chicken- low fatgoodprotein, essential amino acids, calcium, iron phosphorus, potassium, zinc, Vitamin B6,energy, bone health. Olive oil-anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, healthy fat.
*Image sourced from Taste.com