- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 Chicken breast fillets trimmed and cut into strips
- 1 brown onion sliced or chopped
- 1 red capsicum deseeded sliced into thin strips
- 2 carrots sliced thinly
- ½ cup green beans sliced
- 250 mushrooms (button or caps) sliced
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 2cm piece of ginger peeled and grated or chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos (GF); gluten free soy sauce (e.g. Chang’s) or home-made GF soy sauce substitute
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Brown rice
- Heat oil in wok or skillet over medium/high heat for 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and coat surface of wok and hat for another 30-60 seconds.
- Add ½ the chicken, stir fry for 1-2 mins or until chicken is sealed & just cooked through. Transfer to plate, set aside
- Add ½ remaining oil and repeat with remaining chicken
- Add remaining oil to wok and heat over high heat until hot. Add onion, carrot and capsicum & stir fry for 2 mins
- Add mushrooms, beans and broccoli, stir fry for a further 2 mins then add ginger and garlic. Stir fry for another minute until aromatic
- Mix coconut aminos or Gluten Free soy sauce with water and add to wok, toss through vegetable stir-fry mix for about 1 minute.
- Return chicken to the wok and stir until vegetables and chicken are coated and vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with cooked brown rice
- Recipe: adapted from “Basic Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry” from Taste.com.au Image from Taste.com.au
- Sounds complicated but very simple with about 20 minutes prep and 10 minutes cooking time.
- Vegetarian option, replace chicken with tofu